Saturday, January 06, 2007

Gotta catch'em all...

Sigh... in today’s episode of pokemon, Ash lost to Tyson in the quarterfinals of the ho-en league. I wasn't expecting that at all, thought he should have a better chance of winning since the final match off was between ash's pikachu and Tyson’s meowth.i mean common, that pikachu has been with him for like 8 years already! it should be like level 800 or something but noooooo it lost to a stupid cat, how disappointing. whats worse, tyson went on to win the ho-en league itself, all of these in just one episode. what are the producers thinking. Pokemon, one of the many things that played a significant role in my life. I remember first playing pokemon on my gameboy back when I was in secondary 1. at that time pokemon was super duper IN, every kid that has a gameboy will definitely be playing pokemon. your not cool if you don't play pokemon! we would bring our gameboys to school and battle each other's pokemon every morning before school starts. then there was pokemon trading card game, now that was really fun, or at least I though so. I sold one card to my friend for $30, that was one of the rarest card around, so proud of myself. I even thought my sis how to play but she very lousy then no fun at all, so I had marathon conversation with ka over the phone challenging him to pokemon cards. I still have all my cards in my cupboard, they always bring a smile to my face everytime I look through them.

Its the year 2007, where all the babies that popped out in 1986 turns 21. I already started receiving invites to parties. the long awaited year, the passage into adulthood and one step closer towards your coffin. Go ahead call me a wet blanket but I don't understand what all the hullabaloo is about. well to me its just another year, another birthday, another number. don't get me wrong, birthdays are great, its definitely a day worth celebrating, unless your hitler or something where people curse the day your were born. and I am glad I received invitation to my friend's party, at least they still remember me. For me, I’d celebrate my 21st birthday just like how I celebrated any other birthday, at home with my mom, dad and sis. its a simple affair, I get to order what I wanna eat and mom will cook it, thats her present for me. no fancy parties, no great buffet, just my family sitting down together and enjoying a home cooked meal. thats my idea of a great day. however, I am looking forward to my friend's parties and will take that opportunity to meet up with old friends and catch up with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home