Sunday, February 04, 2007

What a melon!

hahahaha... hahahaha... finally... laugh at myself, hahahaha... ok enough. i went to ka's bro birthday party yesterday and as usual i bought him a yellow watermelon. now this is a very special watermelon, very different from those i bought in the past years simply because it tried to run away. here begins the story of the runaway watermelon. with my watermelon in a plastic bag, i boarded the mrt but there were no seats, so i stood at a corner. when the train reached semei station, these 2 blind people boarded the train. they were having some difficulty moving around and thankfully people were kind enough to offer their seats to them, since i was standing very near them, i put my watermelon on the floor and help them to their seats. then suddenly, out of the corner of my eye i saw a spinning green ball, upon closer inspection, i realized it was a watermelon, not any watermelon but mine! apparently while i was distracted with helping people, it took the opportunity to wiggle out of its plastic bag and started rolling away! i stood frozen for a second before my brain actually started working, should i run after it? should i let it escape? no way am i gonna let $2.50 run away like that, don't care what people think, i immediately squat down, sighted the plastic bag and the watermelon not far away, i carefully calculated the distance between them, the time needed to grab the bag, to pounce on my watermelon and subdue it. the plastic bag was under the seats so i had to bend really low to reach for it, a little more, just 1cm to it, but it was snatched away before my very eyes. i stood up to see who could've taken it and saw this old man with his years of kung fu training gracefully scooped up my watermelon and securing the plastic bag so it won't escape again. he proudly held the captive watermelon in one hand and asked whom does this watermelon belong to. by now, everyone was thoroughly entertained watching this stupid guy running after his watermelon, i sheepishly step forward and told the old man its my watermelon. i almost wanted to turn to the other passengers and tell them you all can carry on laughing now, no need to suppress it. i retreated back to my corner, suppressing my own laughter.

anyway, i didn't really join in the party, ka and me felt too old to hang out with the kids so we decided to go out for dinner instead, they were bbqing and i don wanna eat bbq food also. did i mention how horribly scary looking the kids were? all pierced ear hole, some even have holes and all sitting like ah beng. whats wrong with kids nowadays. i wanted to test see how horrible they are so i put on my most kuai lan face, struck my most don mess with me pose and ask them where are the drinks, and they got me my drink. hahahaha... kids.... it was nice catching up with ka, although we do often meet, but its been a long time since i was alone with him just talking and crapping. now i know why i never like going out in groups...

is this joy? i think not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home