Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yakitori...

Hahahaha... finally, finally i was able to complete my swim today! it didn't rain when i jumped into the pool, in fact the sun was scorching today. i went at 12 noon and there was very very little clouds in the sky, no way was it gonna rain, unless by some divine act of nature or maybe i have some hidden powers unknown to me where by it rains everytime i wanna go swim. anyway the weather was perfect and i was happily frolicking in the water. while i was playing wow today, one of my friends msg me and ask if i wanna join them for dinner coz he and another guy were in singapore for a short trip, its kinda hard to keep saying he and his friend etc, so i shall type their in game nick, bantai and hyuganas are both in town for a few days and they say they wanna meet me when they are in sg so since i got no dinner plans i decided to go meet them. btw both of them are indo-chinese and are now on some holiday. i have no idea how they look like, bantai told me to look for him, he was in grey cap and white t-shirt so i reckoned he won't be that hard to spot and i was right, saw him the moment he came to centerpoint. we then went to the building beside centerpoint to a japanese restaurant. the moment i step in, my mind went, "siao liao" this is gonna cost me a bomb. all the people that were there are all business executives, all look so rich to me. then i opened the menu, mouth almost drop on the floor, ok relax relax, chill chill, take deep breadths, stay calm look for the cheapest thing and it didn't make things any easier with such a complicated menu. ah ha! $3.20! i'm gonna order this, now to see what is it.... its its.... a cup of ICE TEA! omg almost drop the menu. ok ok, lets see what the others are ordering, i realized the restaurant specializes in yakitori, the japanese kind of satay i think and they have a huge variety of them hence the multiple page menu. they were just ordering like it was 10 cents a plate, i could only stare in awe.

bantai: "so aaron, what would u like?"
me: "err.. err... (how about a cup of ice water?)"
bantai: "go ahead order what u like, the beef is nice."
me: "err... err... (i have only $4 in my wallet! what can i order!)"
me: "alright, alright i'll have a plate of beef balls"

waitress: "sorry that is a stick not a plate, its $4 a stick, how many u wan?"
me(with my most calm voice): "(bloody hell, this better be worth it) i'll have 2 please and that'd be all for now"
bantai: "can we have a bowl of rice each as well."
me: "(omg die... i'll have to eat grass the next week liao, weeps silently inside)"

honestly, i have to admit the food was pretty good, but the portion was miserable, utterly horrible. i wasn't even half full and the bill totaled to about $140+ but luckily bantai paid for it, he just whipped out 3 $50 notes and paid for our dinner. thank God man, i dunno where to put my face with $4. then they wanted to go clubbing and ask me go along, i don't go club one but they want me go with them, then i just eat dinner and run also not good, but i really don wanna go, so no choice i had to lie and say i meeting some other friends. then they ask me join them after that, wa peng, its hard being so lovable, people can't get enough of you. They are meeting again tomorrow for lunch before flying home and ask me join them again. haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home