Sunday, January 07, 2007

The calling...

I believe everything in life happens for a reason, God has a plan and when the time is right, He will show you the path. All my life i've been a Christian, I do my best not to sin and I confess them if I do. I say my prayers before my meals and I thank God everyday. thats what I thought being a Christian is. I never serve in any ministry in church, I have not even bring 1 person to Christ yet. I brought friends to church before only because I was told to do so, it was never my own initiative. I avoided joining YPM service like plague coz I find it too troublesome. To me, going to church every Sunday was enough, I thought I met my criteria as a Christian. A few weeks ago, after service ended, I went for lunch with mel, samuel and john. Samuel was asking if there was any area in church he could serve in. I went " wow why the sudden enthusiasm?" and he replied all my life i've been a Christian but have never really contributed, I wanna do something for God. That was kind of surprising to me so as I probe further, I discovered he just came back from a church camp organized by his girlfriend's church. he told me he received his calling there, he was touched and he wanted to do something.

I believe on this date, 07/01/07, I received my calling. before I touch on that, I wanna first elaborate how this day came about. As I mentioned above, everything happens for a reason. I believe meeting yehong on Christmas eve was no mere coincident. I dare say God had a hand in that. dad called me down to the clubhouse for some caroling session organized by my uncle's church but I was upstairs playing game with my cousin. I immediately dismiss the idea of going down for some mundane caroling. however, they said we will cut cake first and mom asks me to bring some containers down as well. as it was my cousin's mom birthday, it'd be rude not to go so I went down, meeting yehong. Now there is nothing surprising about meeting someone again after a long time, I met many friends whom I haven't seen in ages before but we never stayed in contact. it was different with yehong, not only did we stay in contact till now, but I also realized what a fantastic Christian she is. (ok yehong if your reading this I bet you'll go no la I’m nothing compared to etc etc) I shall not dwell into details about how much she loves God but what I want to say is that I was truely inspired. I look at myself in disgust and ask what have I ever done in my life for God, I never had the determination to leave my comfort zone to help others. I promise myself 2007 will be a life changing year.

Which brings us back to today. I never felt so happy waking up for church today. I was not tired even though I slept for about 4h only. today's praise and worship brought a tear to my eye, it hasn't happen in a long while and the sermon touched the deep recesses of my heart. one thing that stuck with me is, if God has chosen you to do his work, who are you to be so arrogant as to say that you are not befitting for it. the sermon called out to us to make disciples, to serve God. Then samuel ask me out of the blue, "Hey Aaron, you wanna come with me to help out in Sunday school next week?" without hesitation, I leaped at the opportunity. "so where do I sign up?" there is no way I can turn a blind eye anymore after all that God has shown me. As of now I still have much to learn before I can start teaching Sunday school, but I know in time, i'll teach all the little kids in Sunday school what I have learnt.

From meeting yehong to the sermon to samuel asking me to teach to this first Sunday of the year, I dare say a little miracle has happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home