Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cheesecake...

Ah... finally can sit down and write something for my adoring fan/s. if not wait someone complain i never blog again. my feet are killing me, went out the whole day today. i went sim lim square in the morning with benjy, he wanted to get a new hard disk, so while i was there, i went around and check out the price difference of the 3 more famous shops, i shall not list them out as i'm not paid to advertise for them, but for seasoned sim lim square roamers, you should know what i'm talking about. since i was so nice to accompany benjy to sim lim, i made him accompany me to go book my final theory test for driving. there is something wrong with their system, i was told my account with them expired on july 05 and i have to renew it. alright sure, i pay a small fee and my account is reactivated for another 2 years. sounds normal right? here's the catch, my 2 years started 1 and a half years ago, which means my account will expire july 07! what nonsense, i renew my account today and its gonna expire in 6 months. i didn't have much of a choice since i wanna take my final theory asap. my test date is on 27 feb, hopefully can pass and please pray for me. i shared a cab with benjy home coz it was pouring like crazy and also coz benjy wanted to rush home to fix his hard disk. when i got home, mom and sis wanted to go eat dinner and they ask me go with them, since i needed to go get my stuff for baking, i went along. i was able to get everything from NTUC except gelatine powder, now that was pretty frustrating, so mom brought me to her favourite baking shop in simei and there you have it, gelatine powder! now this i have to advertise, you can get all your baking needs satisfied at a shop call Phoon Huat in simei, its very near the mrt station and very convenient. for baking gurus out there, the brand phoon huat is synonymous with sim lim for computer geeks. it was still raining super heavily all this time and since mom only brought 1 umbrella out, i was wet through out most of the evening. i started baking my strawberry cheesecake once i got home, it was really nice baking with mom, dad even helped me crushed some of the biscuits. i learnt a lot of stuff again from mom today. now my cheesecake is sitting in the fridge, pray pray that it will turn out nice to the eyes and mouth as well in the morning.

After clearing up, dad told us that uncle paul is not at the pink of health lately, his sickness is acting up again and we must pray had hard for him. his daughter is only 12 this year and it totally sucks if you have to grow up with only 1 parent. maybe we were all together and the time was right, we had a little family talk. i know something must be wrong if dad was this serious, he looked troubled as he was talking to us. topics of our future came up, dad talk to sis and me about finding the right partner and we must always walk with God and some other stuff. i felt the most pressing issue is money, this is not the first time that this problem has arised, but every time God was there to provide for my family. sigh must really pray hard hard this time, just hold on a little more till i can come out to work. please God just a little more...

Here is the joke for today, this i personally found it quite funny, its on Alcohol...

"A preacher was completing a temperance sermon: with great expression he said, ' if i had all the beer in the world, i'd take it and throw it into the river.'
With even greater emphasis he said, ' and if i had all the wine in the world, i'd take it and throw it into the river.'
And then finally, he said, ' and if i had all the whisky in the world, i'd take it and throw it into the river.'
He sat down. The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, ' for our closing song, let us sing Hymn 365: "shall we gather at the river?." '

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home