Sunday, July 08, 2007

High praise...

Today we had a special event called high praise during service. i guess for me, it came at a very good time. i have been both spiritually and emotionally tested of late and i needed God's guidance. i was running dry and was becoming parch, i needed to be refuel, i was thirsty for his word. Praise and worship today really lifted me up and gave me this even greater longing to hear what He has to say to me. My heart is opened, my mind is renewed, my soul is restored, i was ready.

Today's message was from 2 chronicles 26. in brief it was about the reign of king Uzziah, how he came to power but lost sight of life's true purpose which eventually led to his downfall. one tends to seek God only in times of need and forsake Him in times of prosperity. this is very prevalent in life as we tend to only remember God when we are in need. God is blamed when life is difficult and when life is all good and dandy we merely smirk and think that should be the way. when that happens, we center our lives on earthly accomplishments and many things precedes the place of God in our hearts and minds. i bashfully admit i was guilty of it and today's message reminded me of when i was like that, where i allowed my vice to grip hold of me.

Not too long ago, my life was centered around a virtual world, yes i was shamefully addicted to playing WoW, in short for world of warcraft. i was fully aware of my undoings but i couldn't give up. i did try but most of the time i just dived back in on my own accord, maybe being addicted to WoW is a form of escapism, maybe i just had nothing better to do. but how wrong was i, no matter how much time and effort i spent, i never felt the sense of satisfaction or fulfillment, i found it harder to be at peace, i was constantly angry and i even prayed for the wrong reasons. i needed deliverance desperately and deliverance came. i shall not elaborate as i have talked about it before on my previous entries somewhere in dec 06 and jan 07. i was glad God sent her to help me find my way and brought me back to Him. i was set on the right path but not for long, the problem is, i may be on the right path but i was at the helm, not God. i was running away from some emotions and in my attempt to avoid, i steered my way back to destruction again. However this time i saw it coming, i was stronger than before, i will not allow myself to drift from God again.

i know this time i was not alone, in fact i was never alone, i just never turn to Him. so i prayed, i pray that He will take control, i ask for help, i wanted to give up all vain things that charmed me most but i was afraid and i didn't know how. thats when He put another special some one in my life. Through her i was able to find strength, the strength to finally officially quit playing WoW. through her, i felt God's calling again, i saw purpose and my yearning to do His work was fan into flames. Emotions and feelings that i had suppressed came pouring out but this time i was not gonna run anymore, i am gonna face it. she opened my eyes to things that are more important, things which are so much more wonderful than a virtual world. Most importantly she opened up my heart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home