Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 2...

I officially took over all my classes yesterday. As a form teacher i had to go extra early to stand with my class for assembly and also to make sure they keep quiet which i must stress is an uphill task. Coincidentally, i have 2 periods of math lesson with my form class after assembly so i took that time to get to know them better. the night before i was praying frantically that they would be easier to handle than the classes i went to the day before and thank God so so much that my current classes which includes one sec 1, two sec 2 and 1 sec 3NA are a lot more well behaved. its not easy to take over classes especially if their previous teacher happened to be very nice to them. its a challenge to make them like me and i hope that they will grow to like me more and more eventually. i think i'm doing a pretty decent job, coz when i was going home on friday, i met this group of girls from my form class outside and they screamed and waved bye bye to me. handling the sec 3 is a lot more difficult compared to the lower sec. to make things worse, i am teaching them english and english is one of the hardest subject to teach if your students don't cooperate. they are a big problem to me and i'm wrecking my brain to think of something that would make teaching them easier. they are doing some reading program thingy and i'm supposed to help them understand the book, which is " tuesday with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. its a sort of a cross over of literature and english, the problem is these students don't even bring their book and they talk and disturb each other non stop! please please pray pray for me that i am able to have smoother english lessons with them. however i am very thankful for the help given to me by the math and english HOD. initially i didn't even know they were HODs until i asked some other relief teachers. i especially like the math HOD, she gives me advices and helps me a lot. without her i'd be hopelessly lost. now i have to get back to my "tuesday with morrie" and i only have one more day to finish it and not forgetting i still have some stacks of homework to mark, lesson to prepare and all have to be done by tomorrow. What did i get myself into......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home