Monday, May 30, 2005

Already?

wow... only 9 more days to POP. time really flies when you're "having fun". enlistment seems like only yesterday. looking back this week, i'd say it was pretty alright. Apart from having 2 gigantic blisters on my sole and holding my life and my PC's in the palm of my hand. Come to think of it, i changed my mind, this week in camp was quite terrible i would say.

Being in the drill squard is no easy feat unlike what everybody thinks. While others are having free time, we're doing drills, training to perfect our coordination. Be it in the scorching heat or the rain, we still have to train. its not the best of comment when people say we are suckers. putting those insolent low life aside, our efforts did pay off eventually, my company was the champion for the drill competition. Ah, which brings me to yesterday games day... it was kinda cool coz even though my company was champion in the drills and mini-polo, we some how or the other by some force unknown manage to come in last place....

On holding my life in the palm of my hand, it was the live grenade throw. believe me, its scary to know that my life lies in my hand. anyway, since i'm typing this now, it means i'm still alive. it was a great experience and kinda fun too.

Got 24km route march on tuesday, not really looking forward to that. After 16km, the blisters on my feet rendered me disabled for 3 days causing me to miss my ippt. guess what? the re-ippt is after the 24km, what luck... dammit..... i think there is a prob with my feet as i seem to be the only one getting severe blisters. i mean really bad.. think leprosy, now u get the idea?

well, BMT is about over and the next phase of my life will soon unfold. Keep praying Aaron....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home