Friday, June 10, 2005

The bedrock of our army...

From the land and the sea
We will strike our enemies
They have called us the queen of the battle field

We are brothers in arms
We are brothers proud to be
We are the first the one and only infantry.

Indeed we have been through great pain to earn the right to finally be called soldiers of Singapore. Yes, thats kinda cheesy and definitely patriotic but hey at least the SAF would be happy to know it has done its part to instill patriotism. singing the infantry song brought tears to many, it was a touching sight to see man (I'm still uncertain about this) in green crying.

I'm sure in a few weeks time, I will revert back to cursing the government for ever setting up the SAF and wasting 2 years of my life but before this happens, at this point of time when the pride of being a soldier has not fade away, I want to say good luck to all my platoon mates on your next posting. Be it the mundane life of an officer or an exciting life as a clerk.

Lastly, a quote that my platoon has been shouting before gulping water down our throats,
"pride is temporary, pain is forever." hmmm or was it suppose to be the other way around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home